You can tell the kids are due back in school next week as the price of return flights are ridiculous. I know one family who were quoted 500€ each for a one way to London and as there’s 3 of them they decided to look elsewhere. They’re now flying into Scotland as the kids there have already gone back and then getting a train back down. It’s a little inconvenient of course but as the price overall is a third of the direct flight they’ve booked it.
We’re still counting down the days for our kids to go back to school, 12 more sleeps for most I think.
It’s been a busy week at our shows Pirates, Reloaded and Gringos and lots of celebrities have paid us a visit this week. Molly Mae from Love Island was in to the adult show fresh from signing a £500,000 brand ambassador deal with PrettyLittleThing. The comedian John Bishop came to see the Adventure show with his Sister. The Award-winning comedian has confirmed details of a run of work in progress shows. The gigs will see the comic road test new material as he puts the finishing touches to his upcoming eighth stand up show.
We had dinner this week with old friends Sally Lindsay and Steve White. Sally of course from Coronation Street, Open All Hours and Mount Pleasant fame. She has lots of new things coming up including a series which she has written herself. Her hubby Steve is recognised as one of the Worlds best drummers, he’s drummed for The Style Council, Paul Weller, The Who and Oasis and now runs drumming tutorials. He also presented this year “The Art of Drumming” on Sky Arts which won a Royal Television Society Award. In at the same show also was actor Chris Bisson who worked with Sally on Corrie, he is currently in Emmerdale where he plays Jai Sharna. They both hadn’t really seen each other since their days on the cobbles.
Topping it off was former footballer turned pundit Steve McManaman whose has a property on the island. The former Liverpool, Real Madrid, Manchester City and England player now works for BT on their football coverage.
It’s good to see so many of them loving and supporting our island.
Chuckle-Vision has been named the greatest CBBC series voted for by the readers of the Radio Times.
For more than two decades, 21 series and 294 episodes until 2009 Barry and Paul Elliott played the slapstick Paul and Barry Chuckle. Barry sadly died aged 73 in August last year.
2. The Story Of Tracy Beaker
3. Dick And Dom in da Bungalow
4. Horrible Histories
5. The Sarah Jane Adventures
6. Blue Peter
7. Byker Grove
8. Grange Hill
9. Maid Marian And Her Merry Men
10. The Demon Headmaster
Spotify have revealed the most streamed songs of the summer on the streaming platform. The data was calculated from songs streamed on Spotify between June 1 and August 20 2019 and reveals the most listened to songs both globally and in the UK.
1. Ed Sheeran and Justin Bieber – ‘I Don’t Care’
2. Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes – ‘Señorita’
3. Lewis Capaldi – ‘Someone You Loved’
4. Stormzy – ‘Vossi Bop’
5. Ed Sheeran and Khalid – ‘Beautiful People’
6. Billie Eilish – ‘Bad Guy’
7. Chance The Rapper, Ed Sheeran, and PnB Rock – ‘Cross Me’
8. Lil Nas X and Billy Ray Cyrus – ‘Old Town Road’
9. Lewis Capaldi – ‘Hold Me While You Wait’
10. Goodboys and MEDUZA – ‘Piece Of Your Heart’
11. AJ Tracey – ‘Ladbroke Grove’
12. Dave and Burna Boy – ‘Location’
13. Dominic Fike – ‘3 Nights’
14. Becky Hill and Sigala – ‘Wish You Well’
15. Avicii and Aloe Blacc – ‘SOS’
16. Mabel – ‘Mad Love’
17. Chris Brown and Drake – ‘No Guidance’
18. Young T, Bugsey, and Aitch – ‘Strike A Pose’
19. Stormzy – ‘Crown’
20. Katy Perry – ‘Never Really Over’
The top 20 most iconic hairstyles of all time has just been voted for and Elvis came out on top.
1. Elvis Presley – quiff
2. Amy Winehouse – beehive
3. Bob Marley – dreadlocks
4. Jennifer Aniston – the ‘Rachel’ cut
5. Audrey Hepburn – Breakfast at Tiffany’s beehive
6. The Beatles – the Mop Top
7. Marilyn Monroe – blonde curls
8. John Travolta – Grease quiff
9. Princess Leia – ‘cinnamon buns’
10. Farrah Fawcett – golden flicks
11. Twiggy – elfin cropped cut
12. Sinead O’Connor – shaved
13. Princess Diana – feathered pageboy cut
14. David Beckham – Mohawk
15. Ariana Grande – long, straight ponytail
16. David Beckham – blonde curtains
17. Bo Derek – cornrows
18. Britney Spears – ‘Hit Me Baby One More Time’ pigtails
19. Diana Ross – afro
20. James Dean – high top, tight sides
Real Mallorca have their first away game this Sunday in Valencia. They learnt the hard way last weekend that despite dominating their game against Real Sociedad for long periods they mustn’t switch off. If it’s likely that you’re not going to win a game it’s important that you don’t lose it. In the 83rd minute Straight from a Mallorca corner Sociedad ran up the other end to score. You can’t relax in this league and Mallorca were punished so hopefully a lesson learned. A great crowd of just over 18,000 and 3 points from 2 games though is still a reasonable start.
Atlético Baleares play their first home game on Sunday at their refurbished Estadi Balear. After a good away win last week 3 more points could see them top their league at the end of the weekend.
My youngest Jude has started training this week and has a friendly this Saturday. My eldest Jake got gubbed 6-0 by a very good Manacor team and 3-1 in Montuiri on Tuesday night. In Montuiri we tasted Pa Amb Oli with Calamar which all the Dads said I had to try and it was lovely. They have friendlies on Sunday and Monday this week, so Dad Taxi is pretty much back to working full time.
Enjoy your weekend!
Richie presents the Radio One Mallorca Breakfast show Monday to Friday07.30-11.00am on 93.8fm in Mallorca and 102fm in Calvià, online at www.radioonemallorca.com on mobile through their free App for IPhone & Android, The Tunein Radio App, iTunes, the Spanish TDT TV service and all smart speakers. . If you can’t hear him on the radio then you’ll find him working at Pirates Adventure the islands number one night out and every now and again he may make an understudy appearance!
Feel free to email him at email@example.com